Monday, March 29, 2010

Jammin on Sunday afternoon at the clubhouse

Lazy Sunday morning, then in the afternoon we attended the music jam here, there were lots of people with instruments, even a bass fiddle, and 4 accordians, as well as tons of guitars, trumpet, slide trombone and plenty of singers, and other things.

I signed up to play my flute, the newest addition to my family, made right here in Desert Hot Springs, it has a figure burned into it, and is the key of C. I was #24, so that made a lot of waiting and listening, this is the second to last jam session here in the park, all the activities pretty well shut down this coming weekend.

I played a short piece which I was happy with, and got a nice enthusiastic applause for it, reassuring. Then after that we had hamburgers up there with Dave and Wendy, later I was playing my flutes back at our site when our neighbour Michael brought over his guitar, and we played together, both sort of free wheeling, it worked out quite well, I was surprised and excited to find that out. Michael has made flutes, but it seems that he hasn't got them with him at the moment, and hasn't played them for a while. I was happy to show him my new clay drone flute from Nash.

Nice afternoon and evening, with a big full moon. Still gets chilly at night, it's the desert!!