Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lary came home- now he's under the weather

Picked Lary up at P.S. airport Tuesday, the plane was delayed 1/2 hour, but as he only had carry on luggage he was off pretty soon after they landed. He was very pale, and super insistent that I not ever spend an overnight in any airport, so that was interesting. Seems as if he hadn't slept much either of his 2 airport nights.

He had lunch at home, then crashed into bed, and later we had a nice swim, and spent a pretty quiet day Tuesday.

Wednesday we went to the weekly computer seminar, the leader Brian seems very knowledgeable, and has a wicked sense of humour. He's from Montreal, and manages the WiFi network here in the park. One of the flute ladies from Quail Valley, a neighbouring park, said she knew him too, as she managed their WiFi network.

Then Lary had his first go at wood carving, his kildeer bird will be looking over its shoulder, and he came home happy and covered with sawdust. They have changed the class to be all day on Wednesdays.

This morning Thursday he went out for his early morning walk, but cut it short and came home and crawled back into bed, he was freezing. That doesn't seem too good at all, but perhaps not that surprising after the quick trip home, back and forth into very different climates and temps.

I didn't go into Rancho Mirage to the beginner flute lesson, the instructor said that they have just barely managed to play the scales without a squeak, so I thought I might stay with the Monday one and have a bit of a stretch, but a good one.

I practiced yesterday, the Happy Trails song has some half hole notes to play, which is a first for me, you put your finger only half over the hole, and sound it that way, makes a different tone or note.

I am really enjoying playing the Christmas carols, they are so familiar, you know when you have made a mistake. When I read an unfamiliar piece of music, it sounds strange to say that I don't know what it should sound like, but I don't, so that's why the carols are such good practice for me. I want to get to where I am feeling the music, and able to generate it myself, from the heart, but I sense that that is a bit farther along the road from where I am at the moment.

This afternoon at the upper Clubhouse there is an RV casuals fashion show at 3 PM, so I'll go to that. We were thinking of going into Palm Spirngs to the Mizell Center, to attend a lecture about the Agua Caliente native traditions at 1 PM, but I don't think I'll do that since Lary isn't feeling that good. Hope this isn't the flu for him, yoicks.

Rain is forecast over the weekend, along with cooling temps, it is December after all, more is the pity as there is the Festival of Lights parade on Saturday evening. Dearie me. Not sure if I'll go into the P.S. street fair this evening, I doubt that. I would like to find a music stand, one that goes on a table, and one for standing up, Lary sensibly suggested a second hand or pawn shop.

I am enjoying riding my bike around our park, if you do all the roads, up and down it's quite a distance. And just to do the perimeter of the park is quite a way, too. Good exercise I feel. That's it for now.

No comments: