Friday, February 27, 2009

Shopping today

Had a haircut today, yoicks, looks as if I put my finger in a light socket. Oh well. Then we headed out to get some more beads at Joann's and Jay's another bead place we found. I am getting brown beads and fillers for brown necklaces, etc.

After that we got a pair of New Balance runners and a pair of slippers for me, and we had lunch at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant. Yum yum. Memories of Greece.

Later went over to a gorgeous store called the West, all run by volunteers. Proceeds go to women and children in need. They have a huge selection of needlepoint and cross stitch stuff, it's marvellous. Also some wonderful giftware items. I got the Cross Stitchers Bible and some other small things. I could have spent a fortune, as their things were gorgeous. Most remarkable was the selection of different flosses, I even bought a pattern for a Cross Stitch designed by Thea Dueck of Victoria I believe. The watercolor threads were to die for there but I resisted.

Later bought 2 used books at Bookman's, one a Nora Roberts, and the other a new author for me, C.J. Box.

Chinese food for dinner. Tomorrow we hope to see some more Grand Prix horse jumping at the Fairgrounds near here.

No comments: